Students in years 12 and 13 will follow one of 6 professional pathways as outlined below.
The new Technical Baccalaureate qualification provides a dynamic and innovative learning experience for students by combining modern TechBacc qualifications with high-level applied core academic subjects.
- Students studying TechBacc qualifications will not only be able to progress into higher level jobs but they will also be able to progress onto University Degree courses, resulting in even more career opportunities.
- Work experience allows students to contextualise learning by applying it to real work situations, as well as providing an environment to carry out independent research on topics of their choice.
- Strong professional working relationships with local employers provide valuable work placements for students to learn and improve essential key employability and enterprise skills.
- Employers help shape the curriculum to reflect the needs of current industry and actively contribute to the teaching and assessment of students.
- A team of professional academic staff and vocational experts utilise the state-of-the-art specialist equipment and facilities of the Kingston Maurward estate, to support learning.
- Students receive regular academic and pastoral support throughout their studies at the Dorset Studio School.
- The Studio School’s unique CREATE framework enables students to track, monitor and improve their personal development skills, whilst a robust and challenging academic framework ensures that everyone works towards ambitious individualised targets.
The 16-19 Curriculum